Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dehydrated Green Sweet Peppers

Sweet Peppers dry wonderfully and are so handy to use all winter in many dishes. I was very satisfied with how these dried. The process is so simple.

I started with some beautiful peppers

Wash your peppers. Cut and De-seed. Take a paper towel and pat them as dry as you can.


You can chop them in cubes or strips.
I chopped mine because I will use them in things like Meatloaf or Spaghetti Sauce.


You don't have to bother with re-hydrating them if you are using them in cooked dishes.

Spread your peppers out on  your dehydrator trays.  If you chop them it is handy to use a liner because the pieces are very small once they are dried. 

Peppers need to dry at 125 degrees for approximately 4 to 8 hours.
Store your peppers in an airtight container. I like using mason jars for mine.  If you have a lot then use several small jars and seal them if you have a food saver attachment. 

This is my onions and sweet peppers.