Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fudge

 
Making good home made fudge is something that is easy once you get used to it.  I use that same steps as when I make Peanut Butter fudge, but add cocoa.  This is sure to become one of your family favorites if you are a candy person. 
 
You will need
4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of hershey cocoa
1 can of evaporated milk
1 tbsp of butter (not margarine)
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1 18oz jar of jif peanut butter
1 cup of Black Walnuts
 
Now I know there are other brands of peanut butter, but I don't like the way my candy turns out unless I use Jif..
 
In a stainless steel pot with a heavy bottom or a large iron skillet, put your sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.  Stir well and bring to a boil over medium/high heat.  Once it comes to a good boil that can't be easily stirred down, boil it for exactly 5 minutes while stirring constantly.  You can check to see if it is ready by putting a spoonful in a saucer of very cold water.  If it forms a soft ball it is ready.
 
Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Stir and add the peanut butter.  Stir and mix well until the gloss starts fading and candy starts to thicken.  You will see it start sticking to the sides of the pan.  Add your walnuts and fold them into the candy.
 
Pour into a 9 x 12 inch pan that had been previously greased with butter.  Spread and Cool.
 
Cut into squares.  Serve and Enjoy!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Now you need to quit posting about candy! It looks so delicious. Do a post about shrimp or squid or some such thing so I won't be tempted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....I wouldn't be tempted by shrimp or squid for sure..I am not a seafood person. I do like fish, but that is it.

    ReplyDelete