Saturday, March 30, 2013

Potato Salad

I haven't been able to do a lot of canning lately, but sure made some yummy potatoe salad.  Here's how I make it. 

Ingredients:
10 lb bag of potatoes
1 ½ dozen boiled eggs
2 cups of chopped kosher dill pickles
1/2 cup of pickle juice
1 ½  cups of chopped onions
1 ½ cups of mayonnaise
Approximately 2/3 cup of yellow mustard
2 tbsp of celery seeds (Optional) 
Pimentos (Optional)
Salt & Pepper

Put your eggs on to boil.  When done, peel them and set aside until you drain your potatoes.


Peel and dice your potatoes into medium/small cubes.  Cook them until done, but not overdone. 


You don't want them to turn to mashed potatoes. 
While your potatoes and eggs are cooking chop your onions and pickles.  I use my ninja chopper..gosh, I love that thing.
Cut your eggs up on top of the potatoes.  I don't dice them real pretty, just cut them randomly.

Next, dump in your onions pickles and pickle juice.
Then your mayonaise, mustard, salt & pepper.


With a large spoon, mix all ingredients together.  Adjust mayo and mustard to suit your taste.


Enjoy!!