Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kat's Chicken Salad

I had a craving for chicken salad sandwiches tonight and thought I would post my recipe.  I didn't think to take pictures, but will post some next time I make it.

Ingredients:
1 quart of home canned chicken breast (drained)
2/3 jar of home canned dill relish
4 boiled eggs
1 medium onion
1 medium green pepper
1 small jar of pimentos
Salt & Pepper
Mayonnaise (I used about 4 or 5 tbsp, but use as much as you like)

While your eggs are boiling cut up your pepper and onion.

Chop pepper, onion and pimentos in a food processor.  (I have a ninja and chop my ingredients up one at a time)  Don't chop to much, you don't want it to be pasty.  Put into a medium size bowl. 

Add your relish.

Drain your chicken and chop it in the food processor just to break it up, do not over do it.  Peel and do the same with your eggs.

Add chicken & eggs to the bowl. 

Mix with mayonnaise to suit yourself.

Salt & Pepper to taste.

Serve with chips & a big home made dill pickle.