Canning items needed:
Water Bath Canner
Jars, lids, rings, funnel, jar lifter, pots, towels...ect..
- Wash your fruit in cool water with a splash of white vinegar added to it.
- Quarter and cook the pears until tender.
- Put cooked pears through a food mill to make your sauce.
- Add sugar to suit your own taste and any spices you like or none at all.
- Heat the sauce until simmering (185-210 F).
- Pack sauce into jars leaving 1/2 inch head-space.
- Remove air bubbles and adjust head-space as needed by adding more sauce.
- Process in a boiling water bath. Pints 15 minutes and Quarts 20 minutes.
- When time is up, turn off heat and remove lid from canner.
- Wait 5 minutes and remove jars from canner. Place on a towel to cool for 24 hours.
- Label and Store in a cool, dark place.
Click for more information on preserving pears