Monday, October 19, 2015

Dehydrated Jalapeno Peppers

My brother, aka my Pepper Angel brought me a huge box of peppers.  I decided to dry most of the Jalapeno's to use in chili, spaghetti, meatloaf...ect.  I use them in lots of things and drying was the quickest and easiest way for me to preserve them.  

All you need:
A dehydrator and peppers


First thing I did was wash my peppers.  Cut off the stem end and slice them in half.  I will chop and use the whole pepper.  I used my Ninja Food Chopper to chop them up real small and then spread them on my trays.
I used tray liners but if you don't have them then you can use wax paper or freezer paper.  Check with the manufacturer of your dehydrator about what you can use.  After chopping up all my peppers, I spread them out on my trays evenly.
Set my dehydrator on 125 degrees and dried them for 12 hours because they were packed closely together and they took a little longer that the normal 4 to 8 hours that I usually do my chopped peppers at.
After they were completely dry I took them from the trays and put back in a food processor to chop them a little further.  I will store these in a Mason Jar to be used this winter in many of our favorite recipes.